Tuesday, January 22, 2013

a quick finish

   Last week I was monogamously stitching on Poinsettia Place.  So as someone with a WIP problem, I needed a quick fix of something different and being a good cold sheep-er (?) I dove into my yarn stash for some scraps.  I managed to come up with this:

 
It doesn't look like much, but 2 1/2 hours of knitting (meaning just over 2 episodes of Psych on Netflix) and a trip through the washing machine got me this:


A felted flower bowl.  This little bowl is currently sitting on my desk and it makes me smile.  Of course, I promptly picked Poinsettia Place back up after I finished showing everyone who would listen how cute this is.  So, it doesn't really count as cheating on a WIP if I finished the impulse CO in one sitting.  That's my story anyway.


Pattern: Felted Flower Bowl, Meg Myers
Yarn: Bits of Patons Classic Wool and 
Elann.com Peruvian Highland Wool


2 comments:

  1. Super cute and happy! What are you going to use it for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now, it's sitting on my desk and accumulating random junk. :) But, I'm thinking of making a lot more of these for mini gift baskets.

      Delete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs