Sunday, February 17, 2013

weekly WIP report 2.17.13

Although hectic, this has been a somewhat productive week.

  This jumped off my needles and into a bath this morning.  It's currently drying in the laundry room awaiting a decision on buttons.


Pattern: Golden Wheat Cardigan, Veera
Yarn: MadelineTosh Tosh Vintage
Colorway: Cove

   My version of Golden Wheat is reminiscent of the original, but besides the stitch count at the beginning of the raglan increases, I basically changed everything.  Once she is DONE done, I'll add some notes about my changes.

   Continuing with my stashdown efforts, I recently cast on a mini cold sheeping mascot.  Once finished, this little guy will serve as a reminder to keep my stash acquisition down to a minimum.


Pattern: ASE's Little Lamb - Knit Version
Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool
Colorways: Natural Mix and unknown heathered burgundy 


   So far, so good on the cold sheeping front.  However, this week was big in the temptation department.  Instead of giving in, I broke some rules and cast on a new project, Cinnie.  Good news is that I'm using stash and I already owned the pattern.  What I should have been doing is picking Cassidy back up, but knitting a Chic Knits pattern (or all of them) is never a bad idea.  


Pattern: Cinnie, Chic Knits
Yarn: Knit Picks Simply Cotton Sport
Colorway: Duchess Heather

I have to confess however, that while I shopped both the yarn and pattern stashes for this WIP, I really just wanted to cast on something with my new Knit Picks nickel-plated interchangeable set.  I have nearly an entire set of Harmonies, but over the last few months have noticed my knitting style/speed changing a bit and realized that metal is the way to go from now on.  


I have to say I'm loving the new needles so far, just a bit bummed that I have to finish up WIPs with the old needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs