Wednesday, May 8, 2013

one in every color

   I finished this cardigan before the end of April and pretty much haven't taken it off since then.  This is the perfect spring cardi to throw over everything.  The a-line shape is really flattering and the simple garter and stockinette stitch is not too busy, plus the cotton is cool and so soft.  I'm already planning to make another one of these in a wool or wool blend for the fall and maybe another cotton one in another color (or twelve).


Pattern: Miriam Cardi
Yarn: Knit Picks Simply Cotton Sport
Colorway: Haze Heather

   Sweaters like this are usually boring knits because they are so plain, but they really are the easiest to wear.  I've been making a lot more of my sweater knitting decisions and yarn choices based on what I will actually wear rather than just being an interesting knit.  But sometimes these kinds of sweaters and the time and effort put into knitting them is more valuable.  In fact, this sport weight piece took me about 20 days of knitting time (almost exclusively on this) to knit.  I used a little less than ten balls of yarn which cost me a grand total of about $14.25.  Way less than what a store bought sweater would run me and it's really a steal considering this is a handmade item.


In other words, I'm really glad I learned to knit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs