Monday, December 31, 2012

in my mailbox this week

   While I was gone, several packages turned up in my mailbox; none of them containing yarn!  I did however, succumb to a few new (to me) charts.  Partly in anticipation of another 4 for $1.00 sale on DMC floss so I can fill out my floss collection (which was a success).


   The second chart from the CCN Santa's Village series, Poinsettia Place arrived from my auto-ship club, so I purchased the overdyed floss I'll need to stitch the next couple of charts.


   As it turns out, my first Blackbird Designs chart, Loose Feathers 2011 - Autumn, managed to fall into my cart with the floss I needed to stitch Poinsettia Place.  So for now, I'm planning on stitching this chart individually using the DMC conversions on some 32 count linen I tea (and coffee) stained myself.


   While perusing more Blackbird Designs charts, I fell in love with Winter Wonderland.  I have a soft spot for Canada Geese and instantly knew I had to stitch this piece.  I tracked the chart down and bought the other two charts from the Blackbird Designs series (Summer and Winter) to round out my collection.  These three charts should be arriving shortly.  I'm not quite sure when I'll be getting these done since I don't want to derail any of my current stitching or knitting plans, but they are mine!

   In other news, I got a new DSLR for Christmas, so it seems I can no longer blame my ancient point and shoot camera for bad pictures... now all the blame is on the novice photographer. :)

   Happy New Year!  I've already got my new stitching start ready to go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs