Sunday, January 27, 2013

weekly WIP report 1.27.13

   It's a gloomy Sunday.  Here's what I've been working on this week.
 
    I must say, there's something really nice about only reporting on one WIP this week.  It means my attention is focused, for once, on something I'm loving.  Aside from putting the last stitches in Poinsettia Place, I've been knitting solely on my Pebbled Beach (aka Golden Wheat Cardigan by Veera).


Pattern: Golden Wheat Cardigan
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage
Colorway: Cove

   This knit is moving along nicely at quick clip.  Top down, raglan sweater construction is not my favorite to knit, but the good thing is that they are really easy to fit.  That baby up there is fitting fantastic already.  But I think the thing I dislike the most about this construction method is that I hate how long the rounds get before you can set aside the sleeves and join the body.  But once you get past this point, the body rounds are so quick by comparison.  

   Not sure if you can tell from the photo, but my cardigan will not end up looking like the original.  I pretty much just used the beginning of the pattern to set up the asymmetric fronts, then switched on my top-down autopilot.  I never got close to gauge suggested in the pattern anyway, so following the pattern to a t was not going to happen.   

   I've got about 7 or 8 inches left to knit on the body before I can start the sleeves.  I'll also change the way the front pocket is worked in the pattern.  By this time next week, Pebbled Beach should be nearing the finish line, assuming of course that I can continue to knit monogamously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs