Thursday, March 21, 2013

challenge complete!

   I wanted to give myself a bit of challenge over spring break which unfortunately is nearing the end, so I cast on a new sweater with the goal to finish before the end of break.  And I did!


   I have to admit that I was mostly feeling guilty about a sweater quantity of Berroco Vintage that has been living in my stash for some time.  Once upon a time, this yarn was knit into a Lauren cardigan, but for some reason, I can't find a picture or project entry for it.  Anyway, I knew right away after finishing the first cardigan that this yarn was just too soft and drapey to work with the pattern so I frogged.  Ever since, the re-wound cakes sat in my stash... judging me.

   To remedy my guilt, I started over with Woodstove Season.  I took me seven days to knit the entire cardigan plus a few minutes today to sew on the buttons after it dried.  Monogamous knitting is pretty amazing.  I got a new sweater in one week, and it was knit with stash yarn so technically, it was free!


Pattern: Woodstove Season
Yarn: Berroco Vintage
Colorway: 5129 Teal

   I'm glad to have this one done.  Next, I need to move on to more cross stitching, so I can finish Mrs. Claus' Cookie Shop by the end of the month.  Also, I have a sweater design in my head which I need to do some math for and get down on paper.  I am not a designer, so this will be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs