Monday, April 29, 2013

not dead!

   I am not dead.  I've just been exhausted, busy, and excited about new things!  I have a couple of finishes to catch you all up on over the next few days.  But in the meantime, here's what I'm currently working on.


Pattern: Fancy Feet Anklets base pattern, subbing a different lace pattern
Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Fingering
Colorway: Lilac

   Just a simple pair of anklet socks, based on a pattern I have used many times in the past.  This time, however, I substituted another lace pattern in for one of the options provided by the pattern.  Yesterday morning I finished up the cuff and BO on the first sock and knit the toe of the second while enjoying a couple cups of coffee and watching the birds.  It was a fantastic weekend with fantastic weather!

   I've got big knitting plans for the summer which involve only my existing stash.  If all goes according to plan, three months of knitting projects will cost me around $11.00.  The cost being only for pattern purchases.

  My big project will be a pair of Apirka Socks.  I've had this Knit Picks kit for a while (since cyber monday maybe?) but have not had the nerve to attempt another pair of stranded socks.  The reviews on the pattern are not so hot, but the socks are gorgeous.  I'm prepared to do some tinkering with the pattern gauge to get a good fit.  So, these should be a challenge to say the least.


And I even swatched! In the round! Now I'm not anxious about this project. Well, anxious to CO, not anxious about knitting the pattern.


As for sweaters, I'm ready to cast on Uma in this Mirasol Sawya in black that I bought a while back.


   I'm also waiting for the release of Windswept from Tin Can Knits.  I think this blue T'ika would be fantastic knit up as an easy, casual pullover.  Hopefully the pattern is released soon, but not so soon that it distracts me from the projects above before they are finished.


   So here's hoping I can stay on track and on the sheep this summer.  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome plans! So good to know that you're doing well it's just that you've been busy.

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs