Wednesday, September 26, 2012

january in september

   I am definitely late to the party, but last night I finished up January Cottage from Country Cottage Needleworks.  I clearly can't count, so I had to make some adjustments.  Since I'm going to stitch all 12 cottages on the same piece of fabric, I hope it won't be too obvious that January is a bit off.


Pattern: Country Cottage Needleworks, January Cottage
Fabric: stitched over 2 on 35 count linen from Wichelt - lambswool
Floss: DMC and Crescent Colors - Pebble Beach 

   My cottage is one row too high, but of course I didn't notice this until I had stitched the entire cottage and half of my snowman.  Instead of frogging the entire thing, I only stitched one of the chimneys, so the second one wouldn't be too close to the J and I added an extra row of white below the cottage.  Hopefully once I start stitching the February Cottage, the borders should line up.  However, looking at the rest of the months, my January Cottage will still be a bit too high up on the designs.  I'm hoping it won't be too noticeable.   

  Meanwhile, February's Cottage is kit-ed up and ready to go after I make more progress on the Mystery Sampler.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs