Tuesday, October 2, 2012

1/3 left to go

   Last night I finished up Part 2 of the Very Scary Mystery Sampler.



Pattern: Lizzy*Kate, Very Scary Mystery Sampler, Part 2
Fabric: stitched over 2 on 28 count Charles Craft Irish Linen - tea dyed
Floss: all DMC, using conversions provided by pattern


   This part of the sampler seemed to drag on forever, even though it only took a week (at most) to stitch.  I think it's because Part 3 is so great, I can't wait to get started on it!

   Not sure how I'm going to finish this once it's done.  It's a large piece especially since I stitched it on 28 count.  I'll probably need a custom frame.  I don't own a sewing machine, so my finishing options are pretty limited.  

   It will definitely be displayed somewhere for Halloween even if it includes my unfinished, masking taped edges.  Here's the entire piece so far:  


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! You're way ahead of me, lol! I've barely made a dent in Part 2. :-D

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs