Tuesday, October 9, 2012

it's nearly halloween time

   Last night I put the last few stitches into the Very Scary Mystery Sampler.  This last piece was my favorite of the sampler to stitch.  I mean... do you see that kitty?!


Pattern: Lizzy*Kate, Very Scary Mystery Sampler, Part 3
Fabric: stitched over 2 on 28 count Charles Craft Irish Linen - tea dyed
Floss: all DMC, using conversions provided by pattern

   I stitched the entire piece as charted using all DMC floss, colors as called for by the pattern.  I think I did pretty good considering this is my first cross stitch piece worked on linen and it's the first time I've worked a pattern that calls for a few special stitches.   

   Here's the whole piece.  Embellishments and beads are coming soon...


   My finished size comes to 6.25" by 18.25" after stitching over 2 on 28 count linen.  And amazingly, I found an 8" by 20" frame online which has been ordered.  So, I'll be experimenting with mounting and framing this piece.  It will be finished in time for Halloween!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs