Friday, November 9, 2012

back to January

  Remember my January Cottage?


Well, this is what it looks like now.


   It's gone.  

   My stitching has improved since I began stitching my cottages.  So much so that I would never quite be happy with my January cottage especially when its been stitched alongside all the other cottages.  Here are a few of my problem areas:


   The most noticeable mistake is that I miscounted and began stitching my cottage one stitch higher that it should have been.  Of course I didn't notice until the cottage was nearly complete and my snowman was halfway done.  I had hoped that I could make a quick fix by adding in another row of snow below my cottage that would line up with the rest of my cottages, and not be too noticeable.  From a distance it isn't, but it's (in my view) a glaring mistake that I just can't ignore.  

   The stitching on my snowman and especially on the roof of my cottage is pretty ugly as well.  So that plus my counting error made my decision to rip out relatively easy.  It took me a few evenings to rip it all out in between working on other things.  Ripping out is definitely not as satisfying as stitching.  So, I guess the moral of the story is to trust your gut when you find a mistake that you know you can't live with and rip out sooner rather than later so you can spend more time stitching.  

   After all the time spent undoing my stitching, I'm eager to get back to watching this project grow.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs