Sunday, November 11, 2012

weekly WIP report + a new start

   I spent a couple evenings this week ripping out my January Cottage so I could start over.  That limited my stitching time this week.  After spending one night stitching my cottage is starting to take shape again.



  A New Start

  This week I indulged a bit in the yarn department and received two yarn orders in the mail yesterday and I had to cast on immediately.  I got caught up in the hype surrounding Knit Picks Hue Shift Afghan and decided I needed one of my own.  Luckily I ordered my kit on Monday night before they sold out.  I've never knit with 100% acrylic yarn because I was afraid of all the negatives everyone cites (rough, squeaky on the needles, etc.) but I am impressed with Knit Picks Brava yarn.  It is really soft and I get no squeak using bamboo needles.  This pattern is a combination of many things I dread knitting (acrylic, a blanket, garter stitch, and others) but this is a really fun knit!  I'm glad I indulged.  


   I really shouldn't drop my other knitting WIPs for this, but this afghan is addicting.  Can't wait to see it grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs