Thursday, November 15, 2012

planning part 1

   It's getting late in the year and I've been thinking about my plans for projects to finish out this year and things I'd like to tackle next year, both for knitting and cross stitch.  I'm sure I will further refine these plans as we get closer to the new year, but its been on my mind, so I might as well go with it.  One thing I'd like to accomplish this next year is to reign in unnecessary stash "acquisitions."  I'd also like to keep motivated when it comes to my big two cross stitch projects (including the upcoming Santa's Village) and work only knitting projects that are planned ahead and mostly from my existing yarn stash.  The primary goal being to bring my knitting WIP count down.

  So here's a bit about my cross stitching plans for the remainder of 2012 and 2013.  It seems that I need to publicly post my plans and deadlines to keep myself honest.  It is far from foolproof, but here goes anyway.

Currently Planned:
   I'm already set up to start stitching Santa's Village in December as the first chart should be shipped to me after Thanksgiving.  I've joined a stitch a long, so hopefully I can keep up with the series and actually finish a piece of Santa's Village every month.  That's my goal.  I'll also be working through the remainder of the monthly Cottages, probably irregularly but I expect and hope to be finished stitching all cottages by the end of 2013.

Planned Stash Growth:
   I'll need to add to my floss collection to get both of these series finished and I'll keep an open mind if I see a new pattern I must have in 2013.  I already have a large one in mind, but I keep reminding myself that it will still be around later and I have plenty of stitching to keep me busy in the meantime.

   I should work up a list of old cross stitch WIPs that are lying around that I should work on as well.  I believe there are two or three Dimensions kits sitting around that I have started and not finished.  However, my cross stitch projects are no where near as out of control as the knitting projects are, so a few WIPs on the list are not an immediate issue that I'll focus my time on.

   All in all I feel these goals are reasonable, but this is before the knitting is considered.  The knitting plans are ambitious and will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs