Monday, November 5, 2012

Christmas everyday

   I've committed to another monthly series and my first stitch-a-long.  This time, it will be Christmas all year long!  Country Cottage Needleworks is releasing a series of 12 charts entitled "Santa's Village" and I couldn't resist the tiny Santa in the sneak peek.

Country Cottage Needleworks, Santa's Village image found here.


   Each of the 12 pieces flow into the next, so I'll be stitching them all together on one piece of fabric like my monthly cottages.


    I filled out my floss collection with the colors I didn't already have and I ordered a piece of 32 count Amber linen by Wichelt.  I knew I wanted to go with a darker fabric than what the pattern calls for because I really want the white (snowflakes!) to pop.  Not sure I'm sold yet on this color, but I'll wait until I see the first chart ("Santa's House") before I decide but its growing on me.

   I'm super excited already and the first chart won't be released until the middle of the month! I guess I'll have to keep working on my cottages to pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs