Sunday, November 4, 2012

weekly WIP report...

and a tragedy.

   This week I spent most of my evenings working on my March Cottage.  I've got to say that I wasn't really sold on the colors before I started, but the combination makes for a really cute cottage.  I think this is my favorite cottage so far.  Here's a preview.


Pattern: March Cottage, Country Cottage Needleworks
Fabric: stitched over 2 on 35 count linen from Wichelt - lambswool
Floss: all DMC colors provided by chart


   I've also spent a couple hours working on Miss BB.

Pattern: Miss BB, Chic Knits
Yarn: Mirasol Yarn Sawya
Colorway: 1800, Black

   I've gotten to the point where my cable pattern for the upper back is set up.  I can knit up nearly an entire ball of Sawya in just a few hours if I can manage to focus on this project.  So I know that this pattern knits up quickly, but life gets busy and I'm trying to stop feeling guilt over neglecting certain projects sometimes.  I suppose its a bit of perfectionism, but isn't a hobby all about de-stressing?  My projects are really just for me and this isn't a competition after all.  Anyway, I'm still working on 'getting over it' and letting some of my high expectations go.  

   In other news...
Somehow I've corrupted my photo library and can't access any photos from before the ones included in this post.  And of course, my external hard drive is at work.  So hopefully on Monday I can restore it and get 6 years of pictures back!  In the meantime, thank goodness for flickr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs