Sunday, January 6, 2013

weekly WIP report

    This week has been an entire week back at home, and although I've been home most of the week, I still feel a bit of the left over holiday chaos.  I'll be spending today cleaning and running some errands to get back up to speed.  Here's a bit of what I did work on this week.

   Aside from casting on my Peerie Flooers Mittens, I cast on a second sock.


Pattern: my own vanilla sock pattern
Yarn: Knit Picks Imagination
Colorway: Looking Glass

This is my own vanilla sock pattern, using up some yarn that has been in the stash for quite a while.  The socks are constructed toe up using a Fleegle heel, which is great because I don't have to think about anything when making a pair of these.  Just cake the yarn and knit!  The photo above is a day or two old, I'm nearly ready to start working the heel.  

   I also, made a bit of progress on the first section of my Hue Shift Afghan.


Pattern: Hue Shift Afghan
Yarn: Knit Picks Brava
Colorways: Many, from the KP Hue Shift Decor Kit

I'm 3/5 of the way done with the first section.  This is another good mindless knit I've been working on while working through my Netflix queue.  As you can see, I'm getting a little bit behind on weaving in the ends.

   And finally, while watching the Fiesta Bowl Thursday night (GO DUCKS!) I turned this:

into this:

Yarn: madelinetosh, Tosh Vintage
Colorway: Cove

It's really hard to do anything that requires even tension when I'm watching football.  Ripping out, however, is a great way to get something therapeutic done over a four hour stretch that doesn't require me to watch my hands the whole time.  So these skeins of madtosh are reset and ready to become something else.  I've already got a good idea of what this yarn really wants to be, but for now I think, I'll refocus on getting my WIP numbers down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs