Wednesday, February 6, 2013

coming up next...

   With Golden Wheat awaiting a second sleeve, blocking, and some buttons, I thought I'd plan out what I'll be working on next.

   Over the last few nights, I've pulled out the first section of my Hue Shift afghan, and have been adding a few more mitered squares here and there.  Here's what it looked like a few weeks ago.


Pattern: Hue Shift Afghan
Yarn: Knit Picks Brava Sport
Kit: Hue Shift Afghan Kit, Decor 

As of last night, 7 more squares have been added.  It should only take another night to add the final two squares and weave in a bunch of ends.  Once the ends are woven, I'll be calling this a finished WIP even though there are three more sections just like this one to do.

   Thinking about finishing up Golden Wheat brings me to the next sweater I'll be focusing on, Cassidy.  This baby is a long hibernating UFO that is about halfway done.  I've got two new sweaters that I want to CO soon, but I think it'll be a massive relief to get Cassidy off the needles.


Pattern: Cassidy, Chic Knits
Yarn: elann.com Peruvian Highland Wool
Colorway: 2583 Deep Blue Sea

Apologies for the terrible photo, but the weather has been anything but cooperative every time I've got a few minutes to take some pictures.  Cassidy is another fantastic Bonne Marie Burns pattern that I cast on in December (OMG...) 2010!  I'm ashamed it's taken me this long to knit the thing.  I've already gotten the back, one sleeve, and more than half of one front done, so it really is at about the halfway mark.  This is definitely one of my oldest UFOs that I have no intension of ever frogging.  I'd like to get this done in time to wear it at least once this season, which for Nebraska means, my deadline could either be sometime in March or in April.

   In non-knitting news, I received North Pole Post Office in the mail last week and am ready to start stitching once I get a couple of things off the needles.


Pattern: CCN Santa's Village
Fabric: Wichelt 32 count Amber Linen, 2 over 2
Floss: as charted

So far, NP Post Office is my favorite of the Santa's Village charts, but I know there are reindeer coming, so we'll see if this one holds up as my favorite as new charts are released.

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs