Monday, February 25, 2013

something cheery

  This weekend was pretty much a huge bummer.  To cheer myself up a bit I picked up my peerie flooers mittens again.  These are a perfect project for the dead of winter because they are clearly a reminder that spring is coming, but they will still have a chance to get used this season once they are finished.

   Here's where I left them back in January.


   And after working on them Saturday and Sunday, this is where I'm at knitting-wise.  


   One mitten is complete (except for an icord bind off at the wrist) including weaving in all the ends.  I got the cuff of the second mitten done last night, because I knew that if I got that done, the rest of the knitting would be easy.  I had to marathon through the last several rows of the ribbing to keep these from being banished to the UFO pile again.  I love doing colorwork, in small bursts anyway, except for corrugated ribbing... it's so slow!

   I would say that by the end of the week I should have a new pair of mittens, but that usually seems to doom the project.  So for this week, I'm going to work on whatever I feel like working on, for as long as I want to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs