Friday, March 15, 2013

a lesson

... on why you don't cast on a project on a whim in the middle of the night.


   That is supposed to be the neckline of Margot, a simple top down raglan sweater using up a sweater quantity of Berroco Vintage I frogged from an another sweater I made.  The neck above looks wonky... because it is.  I have one stitch too many (when doing paired increases? wtf!) and did not place my markers correctly on the first round, so it's lopsided.  Too many stitches on one side, not enough on the other.  The sad thing is that this mistake was two nights of work.  Lesson learned.



   Thankfully, I frogged the above mess and am reset to go again with this yarn.  Since, it is the eve of spring break and I am fully planning on taking two full days off next week, I think it's time to challenge myself.  I chose a pattern (woodstove season) and am going to monogaknit like the wind and see how much of this cardigan I can get finished by the end of break on March 24th.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs