Friday, March 8, 2013

another WIP finished

   This was a week where mindless knitting won out.  Instead of stranded colorwork or lace, I ended up spending some time working with dishcloth cotton.  I'm glad it's over anyway because worsted weight cotton is not nice on my hands and wrists.


   I worked this dish towel using some of a cone of original Pisgah Peaches & Creme (if that means anything to you).  I have to say that this is probably my least favorite kitchen cotton yarn even though there has been a ton of hype in the past about how amazing it is.  It pills and generally looks nasty after just a couple of washes, but it is still handy to have items made with this cotton around.  Especially if you are trying to use up a couple of pounds of the stuff.


   This stitch pattern is the same as in my favorite washcloth pattern (for the bath, which is not the same as my favorite dish cloth pattern or my favorite face cloth pattern) Spa Day Facecloth.  Only I adjusted the stitch count so I could make this dish towel sized.

   I'm glad to have this one off the needles, which means I'm down to 8 WIPs total.  Plus the towel used up 148 g of yarn!  One more note: since December 9th, 2012 I've destashed over 2.35 miles of yarn!



No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs