Thursday, December 13, 2012

another finish

   So I was on a roll with knitting super bulky after finishing bohemian, so I picked up another (should-have-been-quick-but-I-put-it-off-for-too-long) super bulky WIP.  This here is a cat mat:


Pattern: Cat Mat, improvised by me
Yarn: Loops & Threads Cozy Wool
Colorway: Velvet

Fashioned from a photograph from a pattern in a book that I wasn't able to find at my library.  It was really quite simple and even in its unblocked state as seen above looks great on my couch.  Ok, not really.  My couch is red and this clashes horribly, but it serves it's intended purpose which is keeping an excess of WHITE cat hair off my RED couch.  I now know that when choosing furniture it must be cat colored.  Live and learn.

   Each skein of yarn was only about 90 yards and I'm able to knit about 1 skein or so per day.  The problem is that I also had to use US 13 needles which are to say the least, not my favorite.  My hands feel clumsy and the weight of the needles make my wrists and the muscles in my hands ache.  It also seems to slow me down, making every stitch seem like one too many.  So, I'm glad to be done with this project.  I just need to remind myself every once in a while that super bulky yarn and I are not the best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs